Friday, April 20, 2012

You Can Adopt Without Being Forced Into Car Title Loan

Adopting a new member of the family can be an expensive process. However, it shouldn't require you to get a car title loan to fulfill your dream of adding to your family, especially if you're willing to adopt children that are less likely to find a good home.

Fees can add up fast in adoption. If you work with a private agency in the United States, you have to pay the agency's fees. If you adopt independently, you will need to hire a lawyer to do the paperwork and will most likely have to pay to advertise for a baby. If you adopt internationally, you will have to pay the foreign country's fees and the costs for traveling between the countries.

If you want to adopt a baby at birth, you will usually need to meet with the birth mother before the birth and you will usually need to pay at least some of the birth mother's expenses, such as medical care.

The costs for these options can range between ,000 and ,000 or even more. However, there are more affordable options if you are willing to make some compromises.

First of all, contact the government agency in your state. Each state is different, but they all have an agency dedicated to helping orphaned children find a good home.

These agencies are far cheaper and may not charge anything, depending on the state and the child being adopted. The cost range is generally between free and ,500. The difference is that most of these children are older, have special needs, or both.

Before you dive into anything, do plenty of research. Do a thorough search of the children the state agency provides and make sure you get a breakdown of all fees you will be paying, if any.

You also will need to understand the process, which can take awhile to complete. Part of this process will include a home study. This is where a social worker will come to your house and inspect it, and interview you to determine if you are a good match for adoption.

When you narrow down the list of children you are willing to adopt. make sure you get a thorough history of each one and a complete list of any special needs for each one. You will want to make sure you understand exactly what you are getting yourself into.

Also, if the child you are adopting has special needs, it will most likely qualify for subsidies from the state, which could be several hundred dollars a month. Of course, these subsidies only pay for the extra costs associated with special needs children, however, this way you don't have to worry about those extra costs forcing you into a car title loan.

The federal government does allow adopting parents to claim up to ,000 in tax credit for the expenses they paid to adopt a child, even if it was born in a foreign country. If the child that is adopted is deemed by the state to have special needs, the adopting parents can claim the entire ,000 regardless of how much they spent on the adoption.

If you decide to adopt a newborn baby with no special needs but need help financially to pay for it, consider asking local charities for help. If you are a member of a church, you could ask for help in raising the money needed to cover the fees. Just be sure to be honest and accountable for the funds being given to you.

When adopting, be patient and do all your research. You don't want to be forced into a car title loan.

No comments:

Post a Comment